Yellowstone Lodging - Yellowstone National Park Map
There are 5 entrances to Yellowstone National Park that are called gateway communities. They are Gardiner Montana, Cooke City/Silver Gate Montana, Cody Wyoming, Jackson Wyoming and West Yellowstone Montana. These entrances are closed to wheeled vehicles during the winter except the North to Northeast Entrance. Jackson and Cody are both over 50 miles from their entrance, the other 3 are located at their Yellowstone entrance.
The main road in Yellowstone National Park is called the Grand Loop Road is 140 miles of figure 8 through the most scenic wonders of Yellowstone.
Some notes about the Gateway Communities surrounding Yellowstone National Park
West Entrance - West Yellowstone is located at the West Entrance.
East Entrance - Cody is 52 miles to the East Entrance.
South Entrance - Jackson is 56 miles to the South Entrance.
North Entrance - Gardiner is at the North Entrance.
Northeast Entrance - Cooke City is 1 mile to the Northeash Entrance.
- To get an idea of distances in Yellowstone National Park. We'll give a common destination, Old Faithful. Old Faithful is the most popular destination in the park.
- Old Faithful to Gardiner is 57 miles.
- Old Faithful to Jackson is 97 miles.
- Old Faithful to Cody is 118 miles.
- Old Faithful to Cooke City is 102 miles.
- Old Faithful to West Yellowstone is 32 miles.
Yellowstone National Park Cell Service is available at the following areas: Canyon, Grant Village, Mammoth Hot Springs and Old Faithful. Wi-Fi is available in some of the Concession operated lodges and stores.
This is a useful highway map for driving directions getting to the entrances to Yellowstone National Park.